Thursday, January 7, 2016

Deep Cleaning and Getting Ready to Redecorate


Once the New Year arrives I am always ready to do a deep clean and declutter. This year is no different.

Instead of starting off the public rooms, this year I started off in the master bathroom, because:

1. the private areas tend to be most neglected and I want to create a peaceful retreat, and...

2. I am getting ready to redecorate the bathroom. 

I have a teeny tiny bathroom. It's narrow and long - gallery style. I plan to paint the walls (what little there are) milk chocolate with bright white trim. I'll add the blue & white mosaic shower curtain and white bath mats. 

Above the toilet, which is hidden in a little nook, I'll have Alfred add some shelves to store toilet paper, towels and a few decor items. I'll repaint my ghastly gold-framed mirrors and we'll add little shelves next to each to hold our personal care items to keep them off the counter.

So, tell me. When does your desire to Spring Clean kick in? Are you planning any home decor projects?

Tracy Lee xx 

3 comments :

  1. It sounds like you're having fun planning :) I would love to redecorate but I've got my daughter starting college next year. She will also be driving soon, so that might mean helping her purchase a used car. We've had 3 solid days of rain and discovered a leak in our roof ... Sorry, I won't bombard you with any more negatives :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, to start on a small area. Then it can serve as your inspiration for the rest of the house because it's going to look so good! I love your thought of milk chocolate paint with white trim. Paint always seems so 'hard to do' to me, but I'm sure it's not, and makes a huge difference to a room. Plus it gives you a reason to clean and declutter at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that shower curtain. I love how they can add such a big impact in a small room. Your bathroom makeover sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete