Thursday, January 28, 2016

Choosing to Love Your Life


I think many people fall into the thinking that one must have a lot of money to create a life they love. They are discontent with where there are now. 

The belief is that they cannot be happy until xyz happens, so their happiness is postponed until a future date. And perhaps that goal seems so big and far away to them that they eventually give up and resign themselves to just getting through the day, the week, the month, the year.

It is an easy trap to fall in to. I've been there. And it's at times like those when I am feeling so low and discouraged that I have to remind myself that I don't want to put off happiness because there is joy to be found in the journey. 

Life doesn't begin when you arrive at your goal. It is happening every single day! 

My big goal is to become debt-free. When I look at that mountain of debt, it's easy to get discouraged and I, sometimes, postpone the simplest things because I feel like it's wrong to have fun when we have 6 figure debt. 

But punishing myself is not going to make debt-freedom come any faster. It's certainly not going to make for a happy life. 

Attitude makes all the difference! Instead of wallowing in martyrdom, I am choosing to make the best of what I have. 

~ I'm clearing out what is no longer useful or beautiful in order to make way for abundance. I refuse to hold on to things in fear of needing it "someday".  

~ I'm choosing quality over quantity in every area. Less is more.   

~ I'm choosing to be thankful and count my blessings every day. I just started using a 90 day gratitude journal earlier this week.

~ I'm choosing to learn how to do and make things myself - not only to save money but to expand my creativity and skills. I am planning to give more handmade gifts this year, cook more from scratch, and I have a designated baking day each week to make treats for my family.

~ I'm choosing to read more books, watch more movies, listen to more music, craft, garden, sing and bake.

~ I'm choosing to rest when tired, pamper myself with pedicures, facials and hot baths at home, journal, and stretch.

~ I'm choosing to laugh heartily, connect with those I love, and go on adventures as often as possible.

~ I'm choosing to surround myself with positive people, try new things, face my fears head-on, be good to myself and others, and stop being invisible.

I am choosing to create the best darn life I can with what I already have.

And I'm starting today!

Will you join me?

Tracy Lee xx


6 comments :

  1. hi tracy don't know if you read rhonda hetzel's blog 'Down to Earth' but it's a very inspiring read and full of ideas for simple living, spending less, making at home and making do. You'd like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris - I do read Rhonda's blog. I've been a big fan of hers for years! Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm in! It's hard when your poor, but I want to be happy now and I believe that life is truly what you make it. I'm choosing to cook, bake, entertain, have fresh flowers in my home, daytrip, and blog about it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle - I most certainly agree! You can create a beautiful life with the right attitude without rolling in dough!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely post, it's very uplifting, Tracy. I love finding ways to be happy without spending money. It's the quickest way to a 'rich' life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s equally educative and interesting, and let me tell you, you've hit the nail on the head.

    ReplyDelete