Monday, December 28, 2015

2016 Money Goals



We still have a few days left in December, but I am already thinking about what I want to achieve in the new year, particularly in the area of finances. 

Here are my 2016 Money Goals:


1. Save 1% of every paycheck and increase incrementally as we become comfortable with saving. 
   
     Example: Paycheck of $1,000 = $10 into savings

    Goal: To have $500 minimum saved by Dec. 31, 2016 

2. Pay off the three bills with the lowest balances using debt snowball by November 2016.

3. Save all points/money earned through Swagbucks, SavingStar, ShopKicks, Walmart Saving Catcher, etc. to use for Christmas 2016.
     
    a. I will also be making & purchasing gifts throughout the year. Purchased gifts will be at rock-bottom prices.
    
     b. $10/month is automatically transferred into our Christmas Club account. I will make extra deposits when finances allow.

4. Make 90% of our meals and snacks at home from scratch.

5. Pay no late fees. Savings of at least $240+/year.

6. To avoid paying retail price for anything. Always look for sales + coupons. 

7. Reduce electricity & water bills with monitoring.

8. Raise credit score through low credit utilization, paying bills on time, and paying bills off.

9. Become an expert money saver and Queen of Frugality!

What are your financial goals for 2016? I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments :

  1. I love your goals. I love how they are simple and doable BUT will reap GREAT rewards. I love the idea of #1. I am doing some planning right now today on all my things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good list Tracy. Number 4 is my priority this year - plan ahead and have healthy meals ready to go.

    ReplyDelete