Wednesday, November 18, 2015

How To Get Your Mojo Back


You have been feeling less than your best - maybe even a little melancholy for reasons unknown. We're women. We all have those days.

You don't like feeling this way, but you feel stuck in a rut and are lacking creative ideas to pull yourself out of this funk. You'd rather stay in your pajamas in your comfy bed and hide away from the world.

Goodness knows, I've been there.

Now, that's not to say that you need days like that occasionally. We can't be UP all of the time. BUT, when you are tired of feeling blue and ready to get back to being your fabulous self, here's what you do:

~ Take a shower or bath. Afterwards, apply your fancy scented lotions and perfume. Wear your best undergarments just because you love them.

~ Dress in happy clothes. Clothes that make you feel great and that look great on you, preferably in colors that suit your complexion and make you look fabulous.

~ Take time to carefully apply your makeup and fix your hair. When you look good, you feel better.

~ Move your body. Go for a walk, dance to your favorite song - just get moving to release those endorphins that will boost your mood.

~ Eat well. If you were already living your dream life, how would you eat? I would eat a nice salad topped with tuna and drink water from a fancy glass or a chic re-usable water bottle.

~ Smile. Smile at your cat, at the cashier at the grocery store, smile at yourself in the mirror.

~ You may want to journal about why you feel so down. Don't edit yourself - just get it all out. Many times you will have also written out your own solution to the problem you are facing. 

The heart of the matter is this: You NEED to start taking care of yourself. Daily self-care is not just a nice option - it is a MUST. You can't care for others unless you have properly cared for yourself first. 

Self-care is how you get your MOJO back.

What are you going to  do TODAY to take care of you?

2 comments :

  1. Oh how I needed these ideas/reminders. My Mojo has gone somewhere and I can't seem to find it. Every time I think I'm just about to get it back, something else happens and knocks me down. And isn't it funny how self-care is always the first thing to go? I have an evening to myself tonight. I believe I'll spend it taking care of me.

    ReplyDelete